Rihanna on Chris Brown reunion "i don't have anything to hide ~ iNewsGh

Saturday 7 April 2012

Rihanna on Chris Brown reunion "i don't have anything to hide

Rihanna doesn't "hate" anyone for having an opinion on her reunion with her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, but the singer is still going to do what she wants to do.


"I'm still going to do what I want to do," Rihanna told Elle Magazine (via AOL's The Boombox). "It's like, one less skeleton in the closet, one less burden, one less secret; now you know that, so you can say what you want about it. I don't have anything to hide."

An Open Letter to Rihanna | An Open Letter to Chris Brown

"I respect what other people have to say. The bottom line is that everyone thinks differently," she continued in Elle's May Issue, on newsstands April 17. "It's very hard for me to accept, but I get it. People end up wasting their time on the blogs or whatever, ranting away, and that's all right. I don't hate them for it."

Love it or hate it, Rih Rih's "Birthday Cake" remix, featuring Breezy, continues to climb the charts. On March 3, the track debuted at No. 73 on Hot 100 Airplay with 16 million audience impressions and a 372% increase in spins, according to Nielsen BDS. The title also debuted on Hot Digital Songs at No. 62  and No. 71 on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. The quick start led to a No. 63 debut for "Cake" on the Billboard Hot 100. In its fourth week, "Birthday Cake" moved to top ten of R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and ranks at No. 4, today (April 4).
 

Rihanna continued to share on how she dealt with the aftermath of her volatile relationship with Brown. "I was going through the hardest time of my life. I was angry, sad, confused, torn. I was still in love. And I needed to talk about it," she said.

She channeled her pain into her music, specifically her fourth studio album, "Rated R" (2009). "That was the only way I could get peace, because it was in my head, and I couldn't leave it there."

"It gave me guns. I was like, 'Well, f*ck.' They know more about me than I want them to know. It's embarrassing. But that was my opening," she said. "That was my liberation, my moment of bring it. I wanted people to know who I am. Whatever they take that to be, good or bad, I just want them to know the truth."

source: billboard

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More