Suarez blames ban on Man Utd 'power' ~ iNewsGh

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Suarez blames ban on Man Utd 'power'

 Liverpool striker Luis Suarez claims Manchester United's "political power" resulted in his ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra last season.



Suarez was suspended for eight games and fined £40,000 over the October 2011 incident. The Uruguay international says the period of his trial was traumatic for he and his family, but also believes Manchester United conspired against their fierce rivals Liverpool.
"It was so hard what happened to me," Suarez told Uruguayan TV station RR Gol. "I don't show my emotions in the field, you know, but outside I do it. I cried a lot with all the Evra stuff.
"The trial week was so complicated for me. My wife and I cried a lot during that week. That's when I realised who were the people who really support me and who were the people who were with me because of their personal interest.
"People at the club are sure that it was a way that Man United used to put me out of the team and stop Liverpool. But in England, Man United has this political power, and you have to respect that and shut your mouth.
"I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night. I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me.
"I came home and I wanted to do all that, but I couldn't because my daughter was at home. There were really complicated days, and then things became harder after the punishment."
Suarez returned to Old Trafford following his ban, and promised the club he would shake Evra's hand before the match. Liverpool issued a statement saying their striker had "let the club down" after vision of him pulling his hand away from Evra's surfaced, but the striker insists the incident is part of an ongoing conspiracy against him.
"Before the match against Man United, I promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake my hand with Evra," said Suarez.
"Why not, I thought, because I had no problems with him. I had been punished because of him, but I had no problems with shaking hands. But I was not forced to greet him. In fact, there was the possibility that neither Man United nor Liverpool's players would shake hands, as it had happened with Queens Park Rangers and Chelsea.
"But I thought why not, if my punishment was over. I had no problems with Evra. It was only a handshake and I was OK with that.
"But it was a misunderstanding, what happened between me and Evra at Old Trafford. In fact, I think it was all arranged against me again, as it had happened with the punishment.
"The media in England showed the moment when I passed in front of him, but they didn't see that he had his hand low before. Only the media in Uruguay but also in Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand."-ESPN

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More