“I Fought The System And Not Your Person” – Martin Amidu tells Late Mills ~ iNewsGh

Monday 13 August 2012

“I Fought The System And Not Your Person” – Martin Amidu tells Late Mills

A former Attorney General and Minister for Justice, Martin Amidu, has said he will miss the “personal friendship of several years” between him and late President John Evans Atta Mills “in spite of all the animosity the self serving politicians tried to sow” between them.

The late president’s running mate for the 2000 elections and his one-time principal legal advisor said he fought the “system” and not the man he described as his “teacher, my very good friend, and President.”

We bring you exclusively the tribute written by the “Citizen Vigilante” on August 3, 2012 in the book of condolence at the State House in Accra:

“H. E. Prof. Atta Mills, I, Martin Alamisi Amidu, wish you my sincerest fare well. I will miss your personal friendship of several years in spite of all the animosity the self serving politicians tried to sow between that cherished relationship this year.

“I heard it when you said I spoke the truth all along while others lied to you all the time. Your health did not permit us to meet as you envisaged but I know by that singular intention that we made up.

“You have by God’s Grace ended the journey you begun with me on 3/9/2000 and achieved the ultimate goal. You know I fought the system and not your person. My teacher, my very good friend, and President, fare thee well. May God grant you eternal rest till we meet again”.


 Source: Citifmonline.com

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More