Pogba explains Juventus move ~ iNewsGh

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Pogba explains Juventus move

Paul Pogba has revealed why he decided to leave Manchester United for Juventus this summer.
The teenager quit the Old Trafford outfit at the end of his contract in order to team up with the new Italian champions.
“I don't regret anything about my decision,” he told L’Equipe. “I learnt a lot at United, but you have to be part of it to understand my choice. It is a feeling I had with Coach Sir Alex Ferguson.
“The Coach trusted me, but he didn't play me, saying I was too young. He said my time will come but it never did.
“Despite his 25-year career and despite the fact he was the boss, my objective was to play football and I am impatient.
“Now I want to become a regular starter and become one of the best players in the world.
“To achieve that, there is only hard work and I learnt that alongside the great players at Manchester United.”
Pogba, though, may also find it difficult to break into a Juventus midfield which houses Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo and Kwadwo Asamoah.
“I didn't go to Juve because I knew I would be part of the starting XI,” he continued. “I have no guarantees from them.
“The Coach told me there are a lot of matches to play and he wanted a substitute for Pirlo and Vidal. He didn't tell me you will play X number of matches.”
Pogba also responded to claims made by Ferguson that he lacked respect by turning his back on the Premiership outfit.
“I don't know why he said what he did,” Pogba noted. “A 19-year-old who said no to Ferguson – maybe he took it badly?
“There were things that we failed to agree on.”

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More