Kufuor told me Akufo-Addo is a dangerous man – Kofi Wayo ~ iNewsGh

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Kufuor told me Akufo-Addo is a dangerous man – Kofi Wayo


Founder and leader of the United Renaissance Party (URP), Charles “Chuck” Kofi Wayo has made a startling allegation which if true, could further throw a wrench into the electoral fortunes of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP).

Speaking on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem morning show on Wednesday October 3, 2012, the maverick politician, who is a former member of the NPP, alleged that former President John Agyekum Kufuor once told him that current NPP presidential candidate Nana Akufo-Addo is a “dangerous man”.

Although he could not readily give the date, Kofi Wayo claims Mr Kufuor made the allegation in his private residence when he was soliciting funds ahead of the NPP Congress to elect a flagbearer for the 2000 elections.

He was commenting on the recent discovery of illicit drugs by Border Force officials at UK’s Heathrow Airport in containers of fruits and vegetables flown from Ghana. Officials say the drugs recovered in two separate hauls a few days apart, have an estimated street value of £5 million.

Kofi Wayo accused the NPP flagbearer of hobnobbing with people engaged in the drugs trade, insisting ‘Ask Akufo-Addo who are his friends. In America he cannot run for President because of the allegations on him but over here the law doesn’t work. Kufuor himself told me Akufo-Addo is a dangerous man. He sat in my house and told me that.’

Asked by show host Adakabre Frimpong Manso to provide evidence to back his claim or withdraw his allegation against Mr. Kufuor he replied ‘I’m prepared to face Kufuor. When they were going for their congress for the 2000 election he (Kufuor) came to me for help. If he says no, I have witnesses and I’ll prove it to him on camera that he was with me. You know I was with them at that time.’

He refused to withdraw his allegation, wondering why nobody else in the NPP has been tagged with drugs apart from Nana Akufo-Addo.

source: Adomfmonline

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More