When I heard the President was dead ~ iNewsGh

Thursday 26 July 2012

When I heard the President was dead

Seriously,  when anyone is under compulsion to choose a dead father and an unfit father, it is very likely that one would choose the former over the latte because bad is good until the worse happens. On the 24th of July, 2012, I saw having a stroll around when all of a sudden, I heard that our President was dead.

At first, I laughed it off because I had heard that same news some other time and it turned out to be false.There and then,  I began getting phone calls from my friends asking me if I had heard of it and if it was true.I became stupefied and then rushed to downtown just to look at the mood around there.When I went there, I was shocked to find out that everyone began packing. I asked a passer-by what was happening and he said in tears "The President is dead."

For once, I was stupefied and didn't know what to do. Immediately, I began to have flashes of memory of the late President and some of the hilarious things he ever said or did. I began remembering the time that I once sat on facebook and criticized him so bad that some of my friends have to write on my wall that they think I was being unfair.

I remembered all the times when people thought I was rude because they felt some of the words I used on the president were harsh and that I should retract them. I remembered all the grammatical mistakes he did that I used to laugh at when I was lonely.

Now, the president is no more and now, I realized that even though I truly criticized him, I loved him as an uncle, as a father and as mentor. Now that I heard that he was dead and no more, I realized that he was valuable beyond description and that if I had a second chance, I would always defend but no criticize him. I would have done everything to have seen him before his death. But it's over now.

DAMRIFA DUE!

Written by: Joseph Yaw Frimpong

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More