Kompany commits to City ~ iNewsGh

Thursday 26 July 2012

Kompany commits to City

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has signed a new six-year contract with the Premier League champions.

Vincent Kompany
It is the longest deal handed out in the club's recent history and shows their faith in Kompany, who last season led City to their first top-flight crown since 1968.
Kompany, 26, was delighted to sign the new contract and said it was his intent to deliver more trophies to Eastlands as the 'Man City project' continues.
"Hopefully in the future I will have a bigger impact than I already have," the 26-year-old Belgium international said. "There are so many more trophies to win at this club that is why it makes it so special.
He told City's official website: "For me if you are good somewhere then there is no reason to look elsewhere. Man City as a project is not just a project of the owners or the people employed by the club; it is also my project.
"I have been here since the beginning and I have seen everything at the club change inside and out. I have the feeling that I have contributed to it too. It is good to know that I can be at City for another six years. It is a compliment that the club feels so highly of me."
Kompany was signed by Mark Hughes from Hamburg in August 2008 and has helped transform City into one of the most high-profile clubs in Europe. And the City skipper believes the FA Cup and Premier League triumphs of the last two years are just the beginning of success at City.
"Our title win was amazing and one of the best feelings ever for us and the fans," he declared. "That last game against QPR will be a very special part of City's history for the next 50 or 100 years but now is the time to look forward.
"We have laid the foundations and now we want to win more. If we do that then we can be one of the most successful clubs for a long time to come and that is the aim. I can't wait to get started again. I am really excited about the season ahead."-ESPN

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More