Fab news as Muamba back in mix ~ iNewsGh

Saturday 4 August 2012

Fab news as Muamba back in mix

Fabrice Muamba
HOL LOTTA FUN ... Muamba had kickabout in Dubai

FABRICE MUAMBA has revealed he made his football comeback on holiday in Dubai.

The Bolton star raised hopes of a return to action with an impromptu hotel kickabout.
Muamba, 24, has been recovering from his cardiac arrest in March but was able to join in with other pros in Dubai two months later during a break with fiancee Shauna Magunda.
He said: “I was on holiday and there were quite a few other footballers in my hotel too.
“The hotel staff usually play the visitors so I was by the pool and I heard they were playing football.
“Then I went across and saw other footballers playing and I told my friends and Shauna ‘I am sorry but I am going to play football’.
“She said ‘Are you sure?’ but I just went in there.”
Muamba ended up playing 25 minutes and added: “It was just playing like normal, like I was training. It was great.
“I never tweeted the pictures to anybody but I am telling everyone now.
“It was just to get back into the groove and to get some momentum — and I enjoyed it.
“But I just hope to God that I can get back in there myself, with the 11 players on the pitch. To play again would be fantastic.”

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More