Modric: "I'm ready to play against Barcelona" ~ iNewsGh

Monday 27 August 2012

Modric: "I'm ready to play against Barcelona"

The Croat confirms that he feels physically fit

Modric: "I'm ready "

  • "I'm very pleased, honoured and proud to be here, at the best club in the world"

  • "I'll give it everything I've got to improve the team and achieve good results"

  • "Tottenham's attitude hasn't bothered me. I'm extremely grateful to the club"

[foto de la noticia]

Croat Luka Modric has been officially unveiled at the Santiago Bernabéu as Real Madrid's latest signing. "It's been a lengthy process but I made it in the end. I'm very pleased, honoured and proud to be here, at the best club in the world. I'm thrilled to be here and I'm eager to train and play", he explained.
"I like to play technical football. I've played in central midfield and I can play in any position, but my new coach will decide where he wants to get the best out of me as a player. I'll be happy to play wherever he decides. I'll give it everything I've got to improve the team and achieve good results", he stated. "The most important thing is how the season ends, not how it starts", he stated.
"I feel good. I still need to train with the team, but I'm ready to play against Barça", Real Madrid's latest signing confirmed. When asked about Madrid's three competitive games: "I've seen all three. It isn't important how you start, but how you finish. There are still a lot of games left, in all competitions. What's important is to finish well".
"I have nothing but gratitude towards Tottenham. I don't bear them any grudges, whatever is said."
With reference to how he dealt with the negotiations dragging on for so long, the Croat underlined that "they were difficult times for me. I spent almost a month unable to train with the team but now I’m happy and relieved. I'm looking forward to starting training with Madrid because this is the biggest challenge of my football career. I have everything I need to start showing and enjoying my football: the best coach in the world and the best players".
Modric also explained that his first challenge will be "to cement a place in the team, but I feel ready to do that. I want to improve every day alongside the coaching staff and my teammates. The objective is to win trophies with Real Madrid, the Champions League, La Liga, the Cup… ".
The Croat confirmed that he hasn’t spoken to Mourinho. "I hope to do so at my first training session", to which he added, "The players who inspired when I started playing football were Boban at AC Milan, one of the best Croatian players of all time and Francesco Totti, but especially Boban.
Modric revealed the exact moment when he heard about Real Madrid's interest: "I first heard about Madrid's interest before the European Championships. When I heard that Madrid had set its sights on me, I lost interest in everyone else. This is the best club in the world, with the best coach, with the best players. Cristiano, Benzema, Di María, Higuaín, Özil, Alonso... I'm looking forward to playing with them. I'm sure they'll help me settle in quickly".
Modric has no criticisms of his former club: "Tottenham's attitude hasn't bothered me. I'm extremely grateful to the club. I spent four amazing years there, during which I enjoyed every moment. I'd like to thank everybody who made mine and my family's lives so easy. This is a new chapter in my life. I don't bear them any grudges, whatever is said. I have nothing but gratitude towards Tottenham".

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More