Song accuses Arsenal of slander ~ iNewsGh

Sunday 26 August 2012

Song accuses Arsenal of slander


In an interview given to 'The Sun' newspaper, Alex Song told how he felt hurt by his treatment at Arsenal: "Every time I tried to talk to the club about renewing my contract I was fobbed off. I wanted a new five year contract… and I’ve ended up at Barcelona. They told me that I had three years left on my contract. I didn’t want to talk about money, just tie my career to the club that I loved. Then Barcelona appeared out of nowhere and came for me".
The Cameroonian is grateful to Barcelona: "If the best club in the world spots your talent, you must be doing something right. If Arsenal thought that I didn’t give my all in training, then maybe they didn’t understand what I gave on the pitch and that’s why they didn’t want to talk about renewing my contract".
Song also said that his treatment by the English press hurt him: "They said that I had a bad attitude and that I constantly arrived late to training. That made me really angry. Those accusations hurt me. They were slanderous. I just wanted to continue playing at the club, to stay forever".
He had a very cordial relationship with Wenger: “I also don’t understand and I’m angered by suggestions that I had problems with Arsene Wenger. I love him like a father”.

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More