'Grandad, hope you're proud': Jenkinson's moving message outside Arsenal ground ~ iNewsGh

Friday 28 September 2012

'Grandad, hope you're proud': Jenkinson's moving message outside Arsenal ground

Carl Jenkinson has left an emotional engraved message for his proud grandfather outside the Emirates.
The Gunners left back has emerged as a regular in the first team since making his dream move from Charlton last year.
Jenkinson is part of a family of avid Arsenal fans but unfortuntely his grandfather was not able to see him play for the club he supports.

Moving: Carl Jenkinson's tribute to his late grandfather outside the Emirates
Moving: Carl Jenkinson's tribute to his late grandfather outside the Emirates
Instead, the defender organised to have an engraved message on Armoury Square outside the ground that reads 'Grandad, hope you're proud - Carl Jenkinson'.
He said: 'I just wanted something for my grandad. It has always been a bit of a regret that he has not been able to come to my games since I’ve been at Arsenal.
'It is well documented that my dad is a massive Arsenal fan but grandad was just the same, and I was very close to him.
'It’s a regret that he has not been able to watch me, but I am sure he is looking down at how things are going for me and the fact I’m playing for Arsenal.
Breakthrough: Jenkinson has established himself in the Arsenal first team
Breakthrough: Jenkinson has established himself in the Arsenal first team
'I am a fan of this club and that will never change. I am just lucky enough to have been given the ability and the chance to play for my club.
'I was going to watch Arsenal the same as the fans were and [now] just count myself very lucky to represent them as a fan who has become a player.
'It doesn’t come around very often and I just feel privileged and honoured to be that person.'

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More