I am fit to campaign for Nana Addo but ~ iNewsGh

Saturday 22 September 2012

I am fit to campaign for Nana Addo but

Ex-President John Kufuor has said he is strong enough to embark on the campaign to get the New Patriotic back into power but he will however be cautious in doing so.

The former president, 73, has been walking with the aid of a stick after he underwent an operation early this year.

Concerns have been raised about whether the former president, who remains key in the NPP’s strategy to return to power is fit enough to be part of the mentally draining and energy sapping campaign trail.

But the ex-president allayed any such fears but was quick to add he will proceed on the campaign with caution.

“I think I am okay, but doctors have advised that to get to full recovery, I have to proceed on the part of caution to carry this, because there could be a relapse,” he told Joy News' Elton John Brobbey who asked if he is fit for the campaign.

“But I am okay. I think I am quite well,” he added.

The ex-president also waded into the controversial policy of free SHS which he described as absolute necessity.

He said Nana Addo is not dreaming about the policy, but has put in place concrete plans to have the policy executed if elected into power.

Mr Kufuor said the country is sitting on a time bomb, if the current practice of allowing wholesale drop-out of students at the JHS level is allowed to continue.


source: myjoyonline

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More