I’ll tame Zamparini, says Gasperini ~ iNewsGh

Tuesday 18 September 2012

I’ll tame Zamparini, says Gasperini



Gian Piero Gasperini is confident that he’ll be able to avoid becoming the latest coaching casualty at Palermo. “I convinced Enrizo Preziosi at Genoa…”
Gasperini has been hired by the Sicilian club after President Maurizio Zamparini opted to dismiss Giuseppe Sannino after just 270 minutes of the Serie A season.
“Preziosi was a President who changed a lot too, but I convinced him,” the tactician, who was axed by Inter last season, stated at his official unveiling.
“I want to start a cycle here. I’m fired up and I can’t wait to get back to work. I have the backing of the sporting director and the President.”
Gasperini spent four years with the Marassi outfit before he was eventually shown the door at Genoa in November 2010.
“I think there are the grounds here to dispel the negative assumptions about the place,” Gasperini, who played for the club as a player, added.
“Palermo in an important footballing place and it is my aim to bring back the enthusiasm to this club. I’ll get the team to play with a precise style and it is my target to open a cycle here in Rosanero.”
Gasperini had never been appointed mid-term before and his 3-4-3 philosophy is different to Sannino’s 4-4-2.
“This is a stimulating factor too. I’ll be faced with a valid squad whose characteristics I must evaluate. I’ll have to do the best I can with what I have, but it will be important that I don’t create any confusion.
“The start to the season has seen doubts raised over the team, but we’ll play three games in eight days and we’ll do something good in that time.”
Zamparini was also present at the Press conference where he re-iterated why he opted to show Sannino the door.
“There was no clash with him, but the observations of seven or eight people who saw a bad connection between the squad and the Coach,” the President, who has hired 18 tacticians in 10 years, stated.
“There was no faith between the two and I lost it too. It was a well pondered decision, a hard one, but it was inevitable.
“Gasperini was free and I didn’t want to lose the chance to get him. This Palermo has a good squad, but it also needed a shake-up.”

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More