Sarkodie Disrespects Gospel Music ~ iNewsGh

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Sarkodie Disrespects Gospel Music


I hope you have heard sarkodie’s ‘Okodie’ song (I don’t know for a fact if that is the title) featuring Obrafour. It’s a masterpiece, no doubt about that. But have you critically listened to the entire Lyrics?
Well, I have, because as a critic, I need to activate all my sense about what happens around me to be able to make incisive and factual analysis of issues. So I took time to listen to the words of this song and a line in Sarkodie’s Rap struck me, it goes like this ‘ETO nea edin a, megyae akoto gospel’ which literally means; when it gets to the crunch, I will stop and go do gospel.
And from this line stems my argument. What was Sarkodie implying? That gospel isn’t as difficult as secular music? Could this be the reason why they make foray into gospel music when their fortunes in the secular world of music dwindle?.
It would be outright frivolous for anyone to think that he was trying to tell how versatile he could be, so do you only show your versatility when it gets to the crunch?
People would not stop cashing in on the “Name Of God” till thy kingdom comes. It appears it is easier to make money with the name of God so every desperado would love to use that to their advantage. After engaging in nefarious deeds and suffering from vicissitudes of life.
Establish a church or doing gospel music is a lifeline at their disposal and they come to say, I have been called by God.
Sarkordie should know that if it gets to the crunch and he drifts into gospel music, he may not be guaranteed success for the mere movement. He needs to do quality music; Ghanaians are growing and would not accept any crap that has “God’s Name” in it.
I know there are countless other musicians who think like sarkodie, my advice to them is gospel music is not a heaven and fruitful ground for lazy musicians or those whose music talents are waning or have waned. Get serious, so we can build a better music industry.
Watch the video below:
source:Zion-felix Nana Yaw Adomako

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More