ADDRESSING THE POLITICS OF INSULTS ~ iNewsGh

Saturday 3 November 2012

ADDRESSING THE POLITICS OF INSULTS

  When I was young, my mother used to rebuke me whenever she caught me insulting someone whether old or young.The situation was no different from what was happening in my friend's house.My friends and I therefore grew up knowing our traditional values.However, whenever I listen to radio these days, what I realized is that politics of insults has eaten into the moral fiber of the country. Whenever I hear politics insulting themselves, I remember the rebukes of my mother and the question I ask myself is Have the Ghanaian values and traditions being lost to politics.


    What I have to say is that there is more to politics of insults than it's meet the eye.Politics of insults have became rampant because Ghanaian have resulted to over-abusing the Freedom of Speech and I think that this is a bad development.Before I continue I would like to quote  Winstom Churchill 'Democracy is a bad form of  government, unfortunately, all the others are much worse. This clearly shows that i am by no means against democracy because it has stood the test of time. What we must know is that we must make sure we blend our traditional values with democracy and in this case we have to made engage in the spreading of moralities.. I would also like to quote Mahatma Gadhi and here he says ' you must open the windows of your mind but you must not be swept by your feet'. We must not allow politics to sweep away our moralities because we have a custom and tradition to protect.


   How would you feel if your two-year old son insult you? Your guess is as good as mine.In the same vein, it is equally obnoxious when people insult people who are old enough to be their parents in the name of politics.We must not be blindly by politics because as I said we have our traditional values to protect. We must not be like the Islamic proverbial tiger who pretends to be a Muslim but he isn't deep down in his heart.We must respect the elderly because almost every religion and traditional values speak on it.It is therefore no mistake when the Bible says 'Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right'.


    In short, we must all help in pushing politics of insults back to where it belongs:the gutters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

source: Ahmed Seidu/iNewsGh

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More