Poem: A boy walking on fire ~ iNewsGh

Saturday 3 November 2012

Poem: A boy walking on fire


The difference:
He’s just eight and is on cloud nine
We have got our feet on the ground
And he has got his heads in the clouds
Everybody tells him he is on the high

The reminiscence:
Watching him  last night,
I realized he was that lonely boy
No one gave him any attention
Now he is on the cloud feeling like the sun
His behaviour can scorch your skin

A BOY WALKING ON FIRE:
Living in his created fantasies
We can rationalize but can never
Completely wash ourselves off the guilt
Everybody watches him as he goes
I begin to see no exit around for him

TAKING THE BLAME
I will always remember till the end of time
The signs I ignored thinking it was normal
I will always remember the excuses I gave
I was chasing love, he was chasing hollowness
I will always remember when I walked
Out of his sight when he needed help
I would not fail to remember
That I was a part of the unneeded change.

Written by Joseph Yaw Frimpong
contact: yawfrimpong4@yahoo.com
             @frimpong4u

4 comments:

very very nice poem..keep it up boy

deep and very intriguing.
i like

exquisite display of talent

thank you so so much Efo Dela..I appreciate it..loads

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More