Poem: HARMATTAN ~ iNewsGh

Saturday 24 November 2012

Poem: HARMATTAN

THE MORNING
Once upon a Harmattan time
I stood there hoping to see my diamonds
I couldn't because the Harmattan had hidden them
I walked and ran hoping to find a clear sight
The more I ran, the more my past became blur
Then I reached a place where I saw Oliver

THE AFTERNOON
Oliver, have you found my diamonds?
Ask me that question when Harmattan is gone
Oliver, without the diamonds, I am restless
Ramses, how can I help you when she is still around?
I ran again because I knew Oliver was no help
I am Ramses and capable of finding the diamonds all by myself

THE EVENING
Searching through every nock and cranny
I rather finally found two painful things
One, it is better to let certain things go
than to chase them, you might be chasing a ghost.
Two, you don't have to rush to find something
If you have to wait for a decade before finding it, do it.

THE NIGHT
I finally have to admit that Oliver was right
I looked around again in a long face
Then I ran back to my old sinvelling Oliver
Oliver!


Written by Joseph Yaw Frimpong
Follow him on twitter @frimpong4u
source: www.inewsgh.tk

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More