I am not a homosexual Amissah-Arthur breaks silence ~ iNewsGh

Monday 6 August 2012

I am not a homosexual Amissah-Arthur breaks silence

The vice President nominee Papa Kwesi Bekoe Amissah-Arthur has finally reacted to a publication by some media houses that he was gay.

Member of Parliament for Bekwai Joe Osei Owusu brought up the issue during the vetting of the former Governor of the BoG and asked if the nominee cared to comment. 

He reacted by saying that the issues raised in the publication were false since he has never lived in a house with a garage when the alleged news was published. Also, he has never hired a male maid servant before and therefore the publication can never ever be true.

But in a strident manner, the former BoG Governor put paid to the speculations when he stated in his denial that his lawyers are keenly following up on the matter.

"It's one of the difficulties (of the job)...a number of people think since I’m the boss and I have access to government vault, I can just dip my hands into government purse. They think I have access to unlimited resources and when they come to me I should give them money."
 He added: “I have had classmates from Primary school who've come looking for jobs. I've had friends from Secondary school looking for money. And there's one particularly who has asked for money which i've refused because i've some concern about his lifestyle. This is what has led to these things. I'll just make one general comment, it is not true. It's absolutely not true.... I have not seen this gentleman for 40 something years. I saw him once for about 2minutes when he came to my house to ask for some money and i gave him...I'm saying that since i left Mfantsipim, I have seen him once for about five minutes...My children were the ones who first drew my attention to the fact that we never lived in a house with a garage. We lived at Ayido flats at Legon and those of you who know Ayido flats you’d know that there is no garage there," Mr. Amissah-Arthur emphasized.
 “In our second house too we did not have a garage so it’s absolutely not true to say that I had an affair in a garage, is not true....We have also never had house boys, it’s been house girls throughout, a series of them... I take it as part of the problems of the office that if people have wasted the resources that have been inherited and are therefore going through difficulties and think that by putting out this claim, somebody will pay them to keep quiet, i've refused to have anything to do with it. I'll not pay one pesewa to anybody who claims anything, and i've no doubt that this thing will blow over,” the Vice-Presidential nominee stressed.

source: iNewsGh

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More