PROUD TO WEAR LIVERPOOL SHIRT _Sahin ~ iNewsGh

Sunday 26 August 2012

PROUD TO WEAR LIVERPOOL SHIRT _Sahin

Sahin: "Mourinho told me I'd enjoy the Premier League"

  • "It's an honour to be the first Turkish footballer to play at such a big club like Liverpool. It's now up to me to make Turkish people proud of me"

  • "I think Xabi Alonso is still in love with Liverpool because the way he speaks about Liverpool is unbelievable. He said: Go there, you'll love it"


Nuri Sahin seems very happy about his move to Liverpool: "It's great to be here. It's an honour to be the first Turkish footballer to play at such a big club like Liverpool. It's now up to me to make Turkish people proud of me".
The former Real Madrid player stressed the importance of his conversation with Brendan Rodgers: "To be honest, before I spoke to him I hadn't thought about playing for Liverpool because there hadn't been any contact. Our first conversation made a big impression on me. He told me about the kind of football he wants Liverpool to play and what he wants to achieve with the team. From that moment on, I began to believe it might be possible for me to make the move."
Mourinho also played a part: "We spoke about it and he told me that English football, especially the Premiership, is the most enjoyable league for a footballer. Football is enjoyed every single weekend. He also told me that he and Brendan Rodgers worked together at Chelsea and that he's a good manager and a great guy. This means a lot to me. It's not just about football, it's very important for me to have someone I can talk to."
Xabi Alonso also encouraged him: "Yes, of course I spoke to Xabi, lots of times. When he found out Liverpool was interested in me he started to tell me about the city and everything. I think he's still in love with the place because the way he speaks about Liverpool is unbelievable. He said: "Go there, you'll love it. The fans will look after you and love you," things like that. He told me Anfield is the best stadium in the world. Xabi has won a lot of trophies here and I hope we can do the same."
Sahin is ambitious about the future: "I had a difficult season last year because of injury. The team played very well but I didn't get to play much, which is why I spoke to Real Madrid about playing somewhere else for a year. I want to play football and it's very important to be in a club where the manager wants me. I wanted to play for a club in the same category as Dortmund or Real Madrid and that's why I chose Liverpool. It's vital that I play football this year. I need to play to get better as a player and help the team. Brendan Rodgers and my new team-mates can help me."
Sahin only has good things to say about his time at Real Madrid: "I learnt a lot, and not just about football. I have grown as a person. In the last year I have had a son who is now 11 months old. It's been a crazy year because, on the one hand, I've been injured and, on the other, I became a father, not to mention winning the title with Borussia Dortmund and signing for Real Madrid. It's been a mad, mad year, but I've learnt so much."

0 comments:

Leave your comment below

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More